6 Best Mens Tennis Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
Table of Contents
6 Best Mens Tennis Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
Are you a tennis player?
Does heel pain slow down your game?
Plantar Fasciitis is the most common form of heel pain in tennis players like you.
It can happen as the flat ligament on the bottom of the foot or the Plantar Fascia develop small tears and stretches irregularly that cause the ligament to become inflamed.
One way to reduce the pain is to wear tennis shoes for Plantar Fasciitis.
So, what are the best mens tennis shoes for Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis does not suddenly appears.
It develops gradually.
Heel pain will be felt after sitting for a long period of time or when taking the first steps after getting out of bed.
The heel pain and inflammation will get worse if the plantar fascia ligament is not rested.
Heel pain can also be caused by repetitive stress of jumping, running, walking, or standing.
If you have plantar fasciitis, sometimes it will not heal completely because of those activities.
If you are a tennis athlete, there are many factors that may lead to the development of plantar fasciitis.
Risk factors for tennis athletes include:
- Biomechanical factors. These factors is associated with imbalance muscle strength, decreased flexibility in the foot and ankle, weaker muscle, foot mechanics that become abnormal especially when stepping down, and tightness in the Achilles tendon.
- Not doing the right training and a routine sports activities.
- You re playing tennis with longer sets.
- The tennis court is not leveled.
- Over playing tennis duration.
- Wearing a worn out sole tennis shoes.
- Wearing tennis shoes that does not have arch support and cushioned sole.
So what are the solution for Plantar Fasciitis?
- stretch the calf
- lose weight
- reduce the intensity of tennis training
- wear shoes with arch support and raised heel
- taking pain killer medicine like ibuprofen
Best Mens Tennis Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
If you are a tennis player, you should start wearing shoes with raised heel and arch support to reduce the heel pain.
So here is the list:
#1. adidas Barricade Classic Bounce Tennis Shoe
This adidas barricade shoes are built to provide a plush comfort.
It has a low-profile design that is good to use and feels very natural to wear.
You do not have to be a professional tennis player to wear this shoes, just wear the foot wear and you can be safe with the heel pain.
Even though it is rather heavy, you will still get a lightweight feel for better maneuverability on the court.
It is the extra ankle support that help to prevent injury and promote more comfort.
There is a delayed flexibility where you might feel does not fit but it will loosen up a bit in about one week.
It is a very affordable price and durable tennis shoe for plantar fasciitis.
Upper – it uses the Barricade mesh upper that apply synthetic layering. The upper will provide comfortably and stability. It also provide breathability for a maximum fit while playing tennis.
Midsole – this shoe uses BOUNCE™ technology that will give energy return and shock absorption. Even with the mesh upper that provide comfort, the mid sole just add more cushioning for a more comfortable ride during playing tennis.
Bounce technology – adidas’ Bounce technology is a combination of the natural bounce back and a3 mid sole structure technology for great transfer on each step. There is some sort of an anti-collision protectorsto increased comfort and performance during cold or warm weather.
Outsole – is using ADITUFF™ technology to better fit around the medial foot and toe to prevent abrasion when foot dragging occur during action. For mid foot stability and integrity, it uses its Torsion System by adidas. And for a maximum durability, the shoes is applying the ADIWEAR™ outsole.
#2. Asics Men’s Gel-solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoe
Asics Gel Resolution 3Speed 3 (men’s) is highly stable, fast and comfortable tennis shoes made to last long.
The name Gel-solution just means featuring gel cushioning for a comfortable feel and very plush.
To prevent injury it is built with a very supportive feel to allow you play aggressive and give you confidence in the court.
You can play tennis without thinking you have plantar fasciitis and you will be able to play your best.
Upper – applying the Flexion Fit technology for offering increased flexibility, comfort and support. Personal Heel Fit technology is used for better fit and stability by locking the back of the foot.
Midsole – it offer a responsive feel and plush under foot by the Signature GEL cushioning in the rear and forefoot. Also applying mid foot Trusstic system to withstand twisting for added stability and support.
Outsole – Asics High Abrasion Rubber is a tread pattern that offers good traction and durability on any tennis court surface.
#3. NIKE Men’s Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour Tennis Shoe
#4. New Balance Men’s mc806 Tennis Shoe
This New Balance mc806 was first listed in 2013, with a classic styled tennis footwear. It is a typical tennis shoes design no frills and maximum support to your feet on the tennis court.
It is a combination of synthetic upper materials and leather. Made with rubber sole for better shock absorption.
The constructions provides you with a good and nice durability and fit.
This New balance tennis shoes comes with the advanced ABZROB cushioning technology, resulting protection if you have plantar fasciitis.
It offers better arch support for maximum comfort.
#5. New Balance Men’s 1296v2 Stability Tennis Shoe
The New Balance 1296v2 tennis shoes is a fast and comfortable shoes. When you ear the footwear you will feel stable and comfortable with excellent support.
The S-Curve technology is used for more protection for those side movements.
The low to ground profile gives you a fast action while you play tennis and also a lighter feel on every move. The extra padding on the heel and foot bed absorbs all the impacts.
You might experience a tight feel during the first three or four days before it loosens ups.
The high quality materials will not break the shoes easily. With added mesh in the uppers, it keep the foot cool and improve breath ability.
You will feel the stability and support to move confidently in the court.
#6. Wilson Men’s Rush Pro 2.0 Tennis Shoe
Playing Tennis And Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis as mentioned above, is one of the most heel injuries you can suffer as a tennis player.
So now, if you are suffering the plantar fasciitis, you will ask yourself, if you can continue playing tennis.
To answer your question, you have to know several things of your condition.
Some tennis player can continue playing tennis with a mild case of plantar fasciitis.
The mild symptoms can be without being treated.
However, for some tennis player, continuing to play tennis can worsen the condition and can cause additional damage to the plantar fascia ligaments.
When it gets worsen, it can lead to debilitating pain.
This will just make walking difficult and playing tennis with much running and movements become impossible.
So there is no better thing to do but to evaluate your feet condition and determine the appropriate course of treatment.
Fastest way to cure plantar fasciitis
- Maintain a healthy weight. You must lose weight if you are overweight to minimize and reduce stress on your plantar fascia.
- Choose the most supportive shoes for Plantar Fasciitis. Do not wear high heels. Choose the low to moderate heels, good shock absorbing and good arch support. When you are walking on hard surface, do not go barefoot.
- Do not wear old shoes. Try to feel the shoes if there is no cushioning, you should replace one pair.
- If you are into sports, minimize the use of your feet, try swimming, bicycling or low impact aerobic.
- Regular ice massage. Apply ice on your heel for about 20 minutes for 4 times a day or after any activities involving your feet.
- Do stretching.
Will massage help Plantar Fasciitis?
Massage therapy can help the healing of plantar fasciitis.
The therapy can help loosen muscles, connective tissues, and tendons.
Professional athletes usually gets massage before and after the sports activity to avoid injury.
Massage therapy can help encourage relaxation.
These are the benefits of massage therapy for plantar fasciitis:
- Massage will promote muscle relaxation. The deep massage will eliminate tension that directly targets the source of pain. Massages will stimulate circulation to increase oxygen and nutrient uptake in the muscles. The massage will increase flexibility. Massage therapy will promote healing, relief and pain management.
- The massage is known to boost circulation in the feet. A massage will increased circulation of the blood. The hands-on pressure, will move blood through congested and damaged areas of the foot. The twisting, squeezing, and pulling removes lactic acid from the muscle tissues. It will lymph fluid circulation. Adding a plantar fasciitis massage to your daily routine can give you rich blood supply your feet that needed for healing.
- Other than to relief the pain, massage therapy can reduce physical and mental stress. During the stressed out, your body is filled with cortisol and tense. The cortisol could contribute to headache, weight gain, digestive problems, and sleeplessness. Many studies show that massage therapy will drop the level of cortisol after a massage. When the level is reduced, the body enters recovery mode, promoting relaxation and pleasure.
Can plantar fasciitis pain ever go away?
The heel pain can last for many weeks or even months.
The feeling of pain can go from mild to severe depending on the condition.
Usually plantar fasciitis will go away on its own.
If you have much rest it actually will go away, but you have to wait take several months or even longer to resolve the pain completely.
There are many kind of treatment to help you recover faster to choose from.
like having much rest, change you activities, take over the counter pain reliever.
What is the best exercise for Plantar Fasciitis?
Here is the what to do exercise for Plantar Fasciitis:
- To make your plantar fascia more flexible, you have to stretch you feet and do the warm up before you start to exercise or sports activity. By doing this, the chance to getting the inflammation or injury may be reduced. may decrease the chance of injury and inflammation.
- You may want to take over the counter pain reliever before doing any exercise at least 30 minutes before.
- After your exercise and sports, ice you heel for about 20 minutes.
Many patients suffer the heel pain when they wake up in the morning.
It happens when they take their first steps after getting out of bed.
While they sleep at night, the tightening of the plantar fascia occur.
One way to reduce the pain is by massaging or stretching the heel or the plantar fascia to reduce the pain before standing up.
Here is one way to do it:
1) Flex the foot up and down more than 10 times before standing up.
2) Toe stretch.
3) Towel stretch
How to prevent injuries while playing tennis
According to U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, there are about 21,000 people who play tennis were treated in hospitals, doctors or other injury related treatment center (2007 data).
When you are about to play tennis and the court surface is hard, you take to take precaution.
Hard surface court like synthetic, asphalt and cement.
The risk of getting injured while or after playing tennis on hard court surface is you can get lower back injuries.
To avoid this kind of injury, it is best that you wear a special shoes that can absorb the shock well enough.
You must be prepared to warm up and stretch.
When you are about to play tennis, you must do the stretching and the warm up.
This is a must!
Begin the warm up gradually and slowly, do not rush it.
The slow progress will allow your body to adjust to a changing workload.
You can do warm up by walking, running, stationary cycling, or jumping jack.
If you warm up using stationary cycling, you can begin pedaling very very slow for at least about 2 – 5 minutes.
After the pedaling, you have to start the stretching and each stretch must take about 30 seconds each.
Have a plan.
You have to acknowledge about minor injuries including sprains, facial cuts, minor tendonitis, bruises, or strains.
Other than minor injuries, you must also be prepared for emergency situation like dislocations, finger sprains, elbow contusions, concussions, wrist, and fractures.
Always bring along first aid kit.
Henry Kaswandi is graduated from University of Indonesia majoring History. After receiving the bachelor degree of History, Henry Kaswandi take the education to the next level by graduating from University of Indonesia majoring Information Technology. On daily basis, he writes article and review the product sold on Amazon. Before this, he was the Head of Information Technology Department at PT Indopoly Swakarsa Industry, Tbk and was the Head of Information Technology at PT Pratama Cipta Inaweb.